Friday, August 2, 2013

The Story Behind the Black Board at Restless Spirit

I painted and framed a blackboard at the entrance of the new incarnation of the studio, Restless Spirit. 

The intention behind the blackboard at the entrance of the studio was for me to ask a question and for the public - whoever came down the hallway, would write their answer to the question. I asked this question just before I left. (later I changed "today" to "lately")

I was looking forward to coming back and seeing what people wrote. I was going to document it in some way - through photos and writing.

Upon my return I found that someone had erased everything and put three words on it - nice words - but not My words. They decided for whatever reason to erase My board and put whatever they wanted on it.







So I decided that I was going to share quotes for now. Whether they are my own or from writings of my favorite teachers. I will post a new quote every couple of weeks.

I will revisit the "ask a question" project when I can be there more frequently, and have a discussion about the board with those around.



No comments:

Post a Comment